About Martin International
Founded in 1982, Martin International provides high-quality USCG training to marine workers looking to acquire Coast Guard licenses and other official certifications and documents. This training center maintains high standards for courses and services, and they work in compliance with all federal regulations.
Martin International completed construction on its LaPlace facility in January of 1998. The facility is conveniently located close to the I-10, and directly adjacent to two respected hotels for student accommodations. Many restaurants are located within close proximity, and the airport is only a short drive down I-10.
Martin International keeps its course inventory up to date, initiating new courses essential for mariners as they become available. The facility has five classrooms that can hold up to 20 students each, and two of those rooms can be opened up to create an even larger room for more populated meetings. The training facility is state-licensed in Louisiana, and it also has both IADC and Offshore Marine Service Association memberships.
Available USCG Approved Courses
- Stability and Ballast Control Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Surface and Passive Units
- Surface & Active Units
- Surface & FPSO/FPSS Units
- Offshore Installation Manager
- Barge Supervisor
- Ballast Control Operator
- Radar Observer (Unlimited, Inland, Rivers and Re-certifications)
- First Aid and CPR
- OSHA 10
- Coast Guard and foreign license required paperwork
- Routine physicals performed on-site
- Photo services provided on-site
- Duplicate retention of credential and license files
- License and document renewal
Interested in getting more information about the Marine Award Program for Seaman? Visit our home page and take a look at the overview. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us online or call us directly at 855-783-2385.