Elkins Training Company (ETC) provides training courses (including FCC License Preparatory Courses) both nationwide and around the world. ETC provides training classes for maritime academies, unions and Fortune 500 aviation and maritime companies.
The Elkins Institute, established in 1952, quickly grew to six locations by 1968: Dallas, TX; New Orleans, LA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; and Houston, TX. Elkins then formed a strategic alliance with Electronic Data Systems (EDS) in 1994, and established the first satellite, interactive, public access training network.
The Elkins Institute also received a national contract from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), giving it the ability to issue commercial exams for communication, aviation, and maritime industry workers, thereby certifying those workers for federal licensing. The Institute now has 150 exam sites in United States territories worldwide, and more than 50 satellite sites nationwide.
The Elkins Institute has a wide range of courses available for the Marine and Offshore sectors. They provide training and fully compliant courses in accordance with the IMO’s Standards for Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW-95), International Safety Management Code, and International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS). Courses are also approved by the USCG, DNV, MARAD, USN, and MSC, where appropriate.
Maritime and Offshore courses include:
- Basic Safety Training
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
- First Aid & CPR
- Basic Fire Fighting
- Personal Survival Techniques
- GMDSS Radio Operator
- GMDSS Radio Maintainer
- Tank Ship Familiarization (Dangerous Liquids)
- Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids
- Advanced Fire Fighting
- Bridge Resource Management
- Proficiency In Survival Craft
- Fast Rescue Boat
- Radio Officer / Electronics Officer Program
- Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP)
- General Radiotelephone Operator License w/Radar (GROL)
- 2nd Class Radioelectronics Officer Course
- 2nd Class Radiotelegraph Operators License Course
- Career Coaching Class
- Comptia A+ Computer Certification
- Comptia Network+ Computer Certification
- Comptia Security+ Computer Certification
- ISM Code Familiarization/Internal Auditor
- ISM Code Lead Auditor
- MSC Navy Helo Fire Fighting Course
- Small Arms
- IMO Compliance Regulations Course
- Commercial Diving / Submarine Contractors Supervision Course
- Ship / Vessel Security Officer
- Company Security Officer
- Port / Facility Security Officer
- Maritime Security Awareness
- Maritime Security for Military, First Responder, and Law Enforcement Personnel (MSLEP)
For more details on any of these courses, please see the Courses/Schedule link on Elkins’ website.
Do you want to know more about the Marine Award Program? Visit our home page for a detailed overview or call us directly at 855-783-2385. For eligibility requirements, click here.